I am a PhD student at the Linkmedia team of Inria Rennes, supervised by Teddy Furon. I received my MSc degree from Bilkent University under the supervision of Pinar Duygulu Sahin, and my BSc from the State University of New York at Binghamton. I had a chance to visit Yahoo Labs Barcelona and Inria Rennes as a research intern during my MSc degree, and Michael Rabbat at McGill University during my PhD.
Currently, I mainly work on large-scale image retrieval, trying to make efficient retrieval techniques for high-dimensional image representations. In the past, I have also worked on activity recognition from videos.
- Paper accepted to ICMR 2017.
- New paper on arxiv: Fast Spectral Ranking for Similarity Search
- Paper accepted to CVPR 2017. (Project Page)
- Paper accepted to IEEE Transactions on Big Data.
- I am visiting Giorgos Tolias and Ondrej Chum at Center for Machine Perception in Prague.
- I attended the Google Computer Vision PhD Summit in Zurich between October 17-19,2016.
- Paper accepted to ACM IH&MMSEC 2016.
- Paper accepted to ICMR 2016.
- Paper accepted to CVPR 2016.