- SAIDS self-adaptive security monitoring system for IaaS clouds (PoC software)
- AL-SAFE application level secure firewall (PoC software)
- Diffuse – distributed framework for cloud-based epidemic simulation environments
- Resilin elastic Map/Reduce over multiple IaaS clouds (open source)
- Snooze self-organizing energy aware virtual machine manager for IaaS clouds (open source)
- Virtual Execution Platform – VEP (open source)
- Merkat: a platform allowing users of an organization to automatically manage and scale their applications while maximizing the infrastructure’s utilization.
- Vigne (2002 – 2010): Grid-aware operating system for large scale dynamic Grids (PoC software)
- XtreemOS Linux-based Grid operating system providing native support to virtual organizations (open source)
- Kerrighed Linux-based single system image operating system (open source) – packaged as the SSI-OSCAR RPM and Debian packages for the OSCAR open source software suite for HPC clusters.
- HA-PSLS (1998-2001): highly available parallel single level store system, implementation in C on top of Linux kernel, experimentation on a cluster of PCs interconnected by an SCI network. 9000 LOC in Java. Developed in collaboration with Anne-Marie Kermarrec and Renaud Lottiaux.
- Icare (1994-1996): a recoverable distributed shared memory system, implementation on top of Chorus micro-kernel on a network of PCs interconnected by an ATM network. Developed in the framework of Anne-Marie Kermarrec’s PhD thesis under my supervision.
- Magenta (1996 – 1998): an environment for executing fault-tolerant mobile agents in wireless networks, implementation in Java and native methods in C, experimentation in a network of heterogeneous workstations and portable PCs communicating through a GSM network, application of this technology to a network management platform (Astrolog). Developed in the framework of Akhil Sahai’s PhD thesis under my supervision.
Scalable Shared Memory Multiprocessor Architectures
- Simulator of scalable shared memory architectures (1992 – 1994) developed to evaluate the Extended Coherence Protocol (ECP) proposed for fault-tolerant COMA multiprocessors. Implementation in C++ on a Unix system. Developed in the framework of Alain Gefflaut’s PhD thesis under my supervision.
Networks of Workstations
- GOTHIC reliable communication system (1988 – 1990): comprising of atomic multicast protocols for the implementation of the multiprocedure concept in the GOTHIC distributed operating system. Implementation in C, in the Spart operating system on a network of BULL/SPS7 multiprocessor machines. I developed this subsystem during my PhD thesis.