- Research Director
head of the SUMO
Laurence Dinh, +33 2 99 84 74 84
- distributed management of distributed systems (observation,
control, diagnosis, optimization, planning, ... )
- distributed discrete events systems, Petri nets, concurrency,
unfolding techniques, (distributed) stochastic systems
- Bayesian networks, graphical models of interaction, Markov
fields, iterative/turbo algorithms
- information theory and its distributed (multi-user) aspects
- autonomic management of telecommunication networks, software
- smart cities : management of urban trains
candidates are always welcome !
Some recent (closed) topics, as an
indication of our research interests
Ideal profiles: master in EE or CS, with a taste for formal
If you're interested by our research domain, the distributed
monitoring of distributed systems,
do not hesitate to contact us for a custom Master or PhD topic !
Please send a resume (CV) and a motivation letter.
- TI: Information Theory and Coding,
Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan (Ker Lann), 2nd year (=
Master 1 level)
Télécharger les notes
de cours (poly
inachevé, en Français)
Here is also a conference
given to new students at ENS Cachan, about classical and more
recent aspects of information theory.
- MAD : Models and Algorithms for Distributed systems
Master in Computer Science,
Slide sets of lecture
1, lecture 2.
- OPT: Introduction to Numerical and
Master in Computer
Science, 2nd year
No longer taught, but the material below could be of interest.
Download the Lecture Notes,
and the slide sets of lectures
1-2 and lectures
- P22 : a joint research team within the Alstom-Inria
common lab, dedicated to design and evaluation of modern
regulation techniques for urban trains
- StochMC : modeling and analysis of large stochastic
systems, with applications to BioInformatics, funded by ANR,
French National Research Agency
- Softwarization of Everything : a joint research team
within the INRIA-Nokia Bell Labs common lab, dedicated
to programmability and management of SDNs (software defined
Some past projects and
- High Manageability
(HiMa) : a joint research team within the common lab of Nokia Bell Labs and INRIA, dedicated to Self-Organizing Networks
- UniverSelf (European
IP, FP7) :
self-management methods for telecommunication networks ;
funded by the European Commission
- DISC: Distributed
Control of Large Plants - funded by the European
Commission (STREP, FP7)
- VDT: Alarm
correlation and diagnosis in submarine line terminal
equipment - transfer contract with Alcatel R&I
- SWAN : Distributed
management of QoS in Networks and Web Services -
funded by the French Ministry of Research, Telecom Program
- MAGDA 2: Joint
monitoring of networks and end-to-end services in
heterogeneous networks - funded by the French
Ministry of Research, Telecom Program (RNRT)
- MAGDA: Modeling and
learning for a distributed management of alarms in
telecommunication networks - funded by the French
Ministry of Research, Telecom Program (RNRT)
a workshop dedicated to UnFOldings and partial order techniques
proposed as a satellite event of ATPN'07, Siedlce (Poland),
on June 26, 2007
Co-organized by the University of Newcastle and INRIA Rennes
Proceedings are available here.
Some selected papers and a
- Carole Hounkonnou, Eric Fabre, Enhanced OSPF Graceful Restart,
IM 2013, (long version, with
- Carole Hounkonnou, Eric Fabre, Empowering Self-diagnosis
with Self-modeling, CNSM 2012.
- Loig Jezequel, Eric Fabre, A# : a distributed version
of A* for factored planning, CDC 2012.
- Loig Jezequel, Eric Fabre, Networks
automata with read arcs : a tool for distributed planning,
IFAC WC 2011.
- Thomas Chatain, Eric Fabre, Factorization Properties
of Symbolic Unfoldings of Colored Petri Nets, ATPN 2010.
- Eric Fabre, Loig Jezequel, On the construction of
probabilistic diagnosers, WODES 2010.
- L. Jezequel E. Fabre, Patrik Haslum, Sylvie
Thiebaux, Cost-Optimal Factored
Planning: Promises and Pitfalls, ICAPS 2010.
- E. Fabre, L. Jezequel, Distributed
Optimal Planning: an Approach by Weighted Automata Calculus,
- A. Madalinski, E. Fabre, Modular
construction of finite and complete prefixes of Petri net
unfoldings, Fundamenta Informaticae 95, 2009.
- E. Fabre, A. Benveniste, Partial Order Techniques for
Distributed Discrete Event Systems: why you can't avoid
using them, Journal
of Discrete Events Dynamical Systems, 2007.
- E. Fabre, Trellis Processes: a Compact
Representation for Runs of Concurrent Systems, Journal of Discrete Event Dynamical
- E. Fabre, A Trellis Notion for Distributed
System Diagnosis with Sequential Semantics,
- E. Fabre, On the Construction of Pullbacks
for Safe Petri Nets, ATPN 2006.
- E. Fabre, Distributed diagnosis based on
trellis processes, CDC 2005.
- E. Fabre, A. Benveniste,
S. Haar, C. Jard, Distributed Monitoring of Concurrent
and Asynchronous Systems, Journal
of Discrete Event Systems, 2005.
- Eric Fabre, Albert Benveniste, Stefan Haar, Claude
Jard, Armen Aghasaryan, Algorithms for Distributed Fault
Management in Telecommunications Networks, ICT
- A. Benveniste, E. Fabre, C. Jard, S.
of asynchronous discrete event systems, a net unfolding
Transactions on Automatic Control, 48(5):714-727, May
- Albert Benveniste, Stefan Haar, Eric Fabre, Claude Jard, Distributed
and Asynchronous Systems, CONCUR 2003.
- A. Guyader, E. Fabre, C.
Guillemot, M. Robert. Joint source-channel turbo
decoding of entropy-coded sources. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in
Communications, SAC-19(9):1680-1696, September
- Armen Aghasaryan, Eric Fabre, Albert Benveniste,
Renee Boubour, Claude Jard, Fault
Detection and Diagnosis in Distributed Systems : An Approach
by Partially Stochastic Petri Nets, Journal of Discrete Event Systems,
- Albert Benveniste, Bernard C. Levy, Eric Fabre, Paul
Le Guernic, A Calculus of Stochastic
Systems for the Specification, Simulation, and Hidden State
Estimation of Hybrid Stochastic/Non-stochastic Systems,
LNCS 999, Hybrid Systems, 1995.
- My Habilitation (HDR) document, June 2007 :
Bayesian Networks of Dynamic
You may try this
list, automatically generated from our team data base.
and equipment for adjusting power amplification in an
optical network - European patents EP
09290408 and EP 09290409 (also US Patents) - June 2009
- Detection and optimal
correction of routing loops in a network using OSPF-like
routing protocols - European patent EP 12305306.8 -