Main current responsibilities
- Head, Taran project-team (formerly Cairn), joint team with INRIA, CNRS, University of Rennes and ENS (Ecole Normale Supérieure) Rennes. Composed of 11 permanent academic researchers (6 Professors, 2 Ass. Prof., 3 Inria Researchers), 20 PhD students, 3 PostDoc and 5 research engineers.
- Former Head, “Computer Architecture” Department of IRISA Lab. (until Sep. 2019).
- Former Head, “Embedded Systems” branch of the SISEA (Signal, Images, Embedded Systems and Control) Master of Research (M2R) of Rennes University (until Sep. 2021).
- Recipient of Scientific Excellence Award (PEDR, PES) since 1998 without interruption.
- Leader of a French ANR project and participation to several ANR projects, and three European
FP7/H2020 projects. Scientific leader of about 30 research contracts and funded collaborations.
Leadership within the Scientific Community
- Elected member of the Evaluation Committee (CE) of INRIA since 2019.
- Member of the IEEE/ACM DATE Executive Committee (DEC) since 2022.
- Jury member in the EDAA (European Design and Automation Association) Outstanding Dissertations Award (ODA) delivered during DATE Conference since 2016.
- Member of the committee for delivering the Best Paper Award at IEEE/ACM DATE 2020 and 2022.
- Member of the ANR Scientific Evaluation Committee CE25 ”Software science and engineering - Multi- purpose communication networks, high-performance infrastructure”.
- Member of the French National University Council (CNU section 61) from 1999 to 2007.
- Member of the ANR ARPEGE evaluation committee (2010).
- Member of AERES evaluation committee for research laboratories.
- O. Sentieys is a member of the “Allistene” alliance between INRIA, CNRS and CEA, Working Group on software systems since 2010.
- Expert for Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), ANVAR, Region Rhˆone-Alpes, Region Languedoc and fonds qu ́eb ́ecois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (FQNRT).
- Expert for ANR and CNRS (blanc, jc, redoc, arpege, cosinus, PEPS).
- Expert for Primes d’Excellence Scientifique (PES) in 2009.
- Chair of the IEEE Circuits and Systems (CAS) French Chapter (2004-2014).
- Member of the Steering Committee of the SOC2 Expert Group at the CNRS and of the GDR SOC2.
- Member of the Steering Committee of GRETSI.
- Member of IEEE and ACM.
- IEEE/ACM Design and Test in Europe (DATE), 2011–2014, 2016–2022.
- Chair of the Track on Architectural and Microarchitectural Design at IEEE/ACM DATE (2020– 2022).
- Co-Chair of the Track on Architectural and Microarchitectural Design at IEEE/ACM DATE (2018–2020).
- International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL), 2013–.
- IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer Aided Design (ICCAD), 2014, 2023.
- ACM Symposium on Integrated Circuits and Systems Design (SBCCI), 2010–.
- Track Chair, IEEE Northeast Workshop on Circuits and Systems (NEWCAS), 2009–2018.
- ACM Int. Work. on Energy Neutral Sensing Syst. (ENSSys), co-located with ACM SenSys, 2013–.
- International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (CROWNCOM), 2016.
- International Conference on ReConFigurable Computing and FPGAs (ReConFig), 2016–.